Originally determined eligible by the Keeper of the National Register in the Caltrans 1985 Historic Truss Bridges in California Thematic Resources study; its continued eligibility was confirmed in the 2005 Caltrans Historic Bridge Inventory update: Metal Trusses. The two Pratt through-truss span portions were built in 1898; the six Pratt pony-truss span portions built in 1909.
The bridge was constructed in two phases by the Pacific Construction Company. During the first phase two 100-foot Pratt through-truss spans were constructed in 1898. Six Pratt pony-trusses were added to the bridge in 1909. Decorative features include finials and ornamental bracing on the top chord. The bridge is the third oldest pin-connected Pratt through-truss bridge.